Karin's Life in America

Friday, February 17, 2006

Getting ready for the Trip

I can not believe that it is less than a week until we are going to Germany. Even thou I don't like to admit it, I am pretty nervous. Traveling with two will me more challenging, especially since Amelia does not like to sleep in my arms. Marlene is very excited and started working on the German CDs again. It will be very interesting to see how her language abilities will grow. Last time (is it really nearly 2 years?) she was still little enough, that she did not have to talk, but now, especially given her size, everyone will expect her to. I have been doing a million of last minute things. Buying presents, getting my hair cut, getting all paperwork together, doing laundry, organizing Fish-sitting etc. It is not going to help that next week is midwinter break and Marlene will have no school on Monday or Wednesday. Our weekend was great. I did not get the Virus while Jason was gone (sorry, for all, who put money on that), I got it on Monday and it was not pretty. Luckily Julie was able to pick Marlene up from school and Jay was able to come home a little early. My birthday party was great, we had a lot of tea and tried many different cocktails. Marlene got her school evaluation. She is doing very good. She has mostly 3s (ready for kindergarten and just a few 2s. Now the next hurdle will be to get into John Rogers, the school by our house. In May they will announce school closures and I am very worried that John Rogers might be one of them. We will see.