Karin's Life in America

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Superbowl and the aftermath

Well, on Sunday was the Superbowl. We went to a big party at Scott and Mara's house in Everett. It was a great place, because the boys were downstairs watching and cursing, while the women with children were upstairs. Yes, we live in a gender segregated society. Off course we were all upset about the result. It is a great conspiracy against Westcoast football (or so I have been told). My contribution to the party was a Seahawks cake, made with real homemade buttercream. I have never made buttercream before; it just sounded to daunting. I learned, that it is not that difficult and after tasting it, there is probably no way back. It was fabulous. The fallout of the party was, that Jason came down with Marlene's stomach virus. I think the consumtion of beer at the party might have had something to do with it, but this was not a normal hangover. Jason spent Monday and Tuesday in bed, after only throwing up twice on Sunday night. So far I have not gotten it, but I have been feeling a bit nautious. I am looking forward to a weekend just with Amelia, with Jason and Marlene gone to California (bets are being taken right now, over the fact that I will get the virus as soon as they leave).