Karin's Life in America

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Police Concert

Last week Jason and I went to the Police Concert here in Seattle. Jason had been waiting for this for the last 24 years. Ever since the first rumors about a new tour surficed, he was very excited and kept checking (I think sometimes hourly) if there would be a Seattle show. So he bought tickets the first moment they were available. Off course everything sold out within 10 minutes, but we had our tickets.
Finally last Wednesday the big day came. It has been a while for me since I have been to a big rock concert and, I guess, this is as big as it gets. It was great and a little unreal. when they finally came out on stage and played "Message in the bottle" it took me a few seconds the realize that it was really "The Police" playing and not just the radio. Concert technology has come a long way. The sound was great and they had live cameras to project on large screens above the stage. During some songs they mixed in some videos, which gave songs new meanings.
It was funny to see many people with their phones taking pictures, recording or video taping. Here is a collage I found on youtube
What I thought was weird was, that being in a sports venue, you had vendors walking around selling water and people with large buckets of popcorn. The constant smell of hot dogs I found a little disturbing, too.