Karin's Life in America

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter in Seattle

Once again the weather has reverted to winter. To all the longtime Seattle-ites: has is always been like this? I think the calender was wrong and Easter with all its glory was actually the week before. I have been trying to snap some nice Easter pics, but I missed my window at the beginning of the week, so here is just a "backyard-2 minutes of sunshine-better than nothing" picture. Saturday we went to the Easter Egg Hunt (or Spring Egg hunt, as they are called now, which probably is closer to the pagan roots) at Annie's playground. They actually held it on the Nathan Hale football field this year, due to various baseball games on the other side. We met several friends from Marlene's school. It is amazing how kids can clean up a football field in 90 seconds, but you can not get them to clean up the floor in a room. Maybe they need to play with candy?!?
Sunday morning, after a good Easter breakfast, we went to church. Luckily the Easter Bunny hid the eggs mostly inside this year, so we did not freeze while looking for them. I made a German Charlotte Torte for desert, but my family agreed on the fact, that yogurt should not be in a torte and did not eat it. Well, more for me. Later we spent the afternoon walking in the pouring rain. Happy Easter in Seattle!