Karin's Life in America

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

What else did we do this Summer?

I think I mentioned that Marlene and I made a "Summer Action Plan" at the beginning of summer, because I felt, that we always have grand plans, but then summer comes to an end and nothing happened. Not so this summer. I am proud to say, we had a list of about 20 items, that all got checked off. Marlene wanted to go to the beach in Seattle, California, Oregon and British Columbia. We made that happen. She played with her cousins in California. I got to go to the Sam, and so on. So I have to say, we had a great summer!
Here are some pictures of various things we did. We had a great morning at Golden Gardens building sandcastles. We went to various summer concerts at the University Village. Amelia is quite a dancer! We went to the Japanese Tea garden and fed the Koi fish. We went to the "Evergreen State Fair" and participated in the Guinness Book World Record in most people participating in the Bunny Hop. The old record was at 1880; the new record stands at 1886, so I am glad, we took part. We went hiking several times, with and without friends, and we collected a huge amount of blackberries at various places around here. I am blackberried out for right now. I think we had more, than in the rest of my live combined.