Karin's Life in America

Thursday, July 20, 2006

So much is happening

We have so much going on, that it is difficult to keep up with the blog right now. As most of you know by now, Amelia started walking 10 days ago. She was sitting on the floor in the middle of the TV room when she decided to get up and start walking. And she has not stopped since. The newest game is to chase/or being chased on the kitchen-living room round. Yesterday she ran it 10 times and then her legs buckled. That of course did not stop her. She continued running just to fall every few steps. She is sleeping pretty well theses days. Well, so this mobility creates problems for me, because she explores everything in the house. In addition to walking, she climbs everywhere. Today I found her with scissors, that I had left on a shelf at my eye level! She had climbed on the sofa and from there up on the side of the Ikea Shelf. She was proudly holding them while I nearly had a heart attack. So the only time I have peace to write something is when Amelia sleeps and Marlene does something else. New here is a short run through our last 2 weeks. After we returned from California, Marlene had a dance-camp at Magnuson Park. And this last weekend we went camping up to Orcas island (there will be a separate blog). We had a lot of fun, but again, camping with a 1 year old has its challenges. Our garden has partially turned into a jungle. We are going to have tons of tomatoes. The raspberries are just done and I see tons of pears and apples in the future. I think it is time to buy a pressure canner.